If you’ve been put in charge of planning the office Xmas do, here is a checklist to get you started on your way:
Venue – Choose your Christmas party venue carefully, can people get to it easily? What about drivers? Public transport options?
- Date and Time – You don’t want to overlap with other parties if you can help it, for example individual team Xmas parties.
- Budget – How much has been allocated per head?
- How many people are attending – Are you allowing spouses/dates?
- Caterer – Is it a sit down meal or buffet? Don’t forget to cater for vegetarians, allergies etc.
- Drink allowance – is there a bar?
- Entertainment – Themed, music or band?
Remember that places get booked up very quickly during December, so don’t leave it too late to get organising.